The Evelina Children's Hospital was founded by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild and opened in June 1869. click here for history of the Evelina.
2005 Brand New Evelina Children's Hospital
In 2005 the Evelina moved into a brand new hospital with 'themed floors, a conservatory, rooms with views, sunlight, fresh air' . It has been designed with children and their families in mind.
The new hospital is in a seven-storey glass-fronted building, featuring a four-storey conservatory with dramatic views of Lambeth Palace and Archbishop's Park.
'In-patients will be on the upper levels of the building, so children staying in hospital enjoy the best views. They will also overlook the conservatory, the social heart of the building, housing a gallery and performance space, a café and the hospital school.' (source Evelina web page)
For further details click here